Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Exploring a newly-granted Google patent around social signals
Oct 7, 2016 by Dave Davies
Columnist Dave Davies takes a deep dive into a recently published Google patent for clues on how the search giant is thinking about social signals and search results.
- AdWords rolls out Salesforce account linking for automated conversion imports
Oct 7, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
The conversion data import solution is coming out of beta.
- Results from the Local SEO Ranking Factors Study presented at SMX East
Oct 7, 2016 by Christine Churchill
Wonder what factors correlate with strong local rankings? Contributor Christine Churchill summarizes the results of a recent local ranking factors study presented at SMX East 2016.
- Search in Pics: Google nougat, donut board, AdWords lollipops & Yahoo cookies
Oct 7, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
In this week’s Search In Pictures, here are the latest images culled from the web, showing what people eat at the search engine companies, how they play, who they meet, where they speak, what toys they have and more. Google AdWords lollipops: Source: Instagram Google donut board: Source: Instagram Google nougat logo: Source: Instagram Yahoo […]
- Local SEO now has an organic ROI tracking method
Oct 7, 2016 by Lydia Jorden
Heard about the new partnership between Yext and Uber? Columnist Lydia Jorden explains its implications for tracking return on investment for local search.
- AMP is one year old and growing fast, will it ultimately trump responsive design?
Oct 7, 2016 by Greg Sterling
There are now 600 million AMP pages on 700,000 domains.
- Take back control of your content
Oct 6, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Are you losing control of your content? If you’re like the majority of marketers, you’re going to produce more content in 2017 — but feel less than confident about your content marketing operations. Join experts Arnie Kuenn, CEO at Vertical Measures, and Brian Kavanaugh, US marketing strategist at Bynder, as they explain how branding automation […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- New benchmark data on the state of Account-Based Marketing marketing today
- Optimove adds an intelligent agent for self-optimizing marketing campaigns
- Facebook’s new Events app could be a Trojan Horse rival to Google Calendar
- The 7 best ad and landing page elements to boost online conversions
- PPC + SEO = match made in marketing heaven
- Marketing automation tools compared: GetResponse, Marketo and HubSpot
- Keep it simple: 10 digital brand metrics that matter
- MarTech Today: Samsung buys Viv, building a martech stack & bio-tracking for marketing
- Report: on average day, nearly 40 percent of searchers use only smartphones
- Eye-tracking study: Web ads need to viewable for at least 14 seconds to matter
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- Floods around the world as seen in Google Earth, Google Earth Blog
- 301 Redirecting All Pages To Home Page Are Seen By Google As Soft 404s, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google: Penguin Recoveries Still Rolling Out, Should Be Done Shortly, Search Engine Roundtable
- Penguin 4.0: How the Real-Time Penguin-in-the-Core-Alg Model Changes SEO – Whiteboard Friday, Moz
- The 4 Most Popular SEO Tools And How They Get Traffic, boazsasson.com
- 10 SEO Rules for Ecommerce Content Marketing, Practical Ecommerce
- A List of Steps for a Multi Site SEO Migration, Search Engine Guide
- Google Confirms Some Google Search Algos Look at History of Page/Site, thesempost.com
- Google Says Reconsideration Requests Never Worked For Penguin Or Other Algorithms, Search Engine Roundtable
- How Often Google Updates the Various Search Algo Ranking Signals, thesempost.com
SEM / Paid Search
- 5 New AdWords Features You Should Be Using, Portent
- Google AdWords SMS – Click To Text Ads – In UK, Search Engine Roundtable
- Video: Google Penguin Recoveries, Buying Links, Google Home & Assistant, Search Engine Roundtable
The post SearchCap: AMP stats, AdWords & Salesforce & local SEO appeared first on Search Engine Land.